- Establishment name
- “Sakura Inn” Farm Inn
- Toshiko Mimura
- 3-4-19 Nishi, Ogata-mura, Minamiakita-gun
- Telephone number
- 0185-22-4177 (Reservations taken in the mornings until 9 AM, evenings 8-10 PM)
- Accommodation only per adult JPY2,500 (Self-catering JPY3,000)
* JPY500 separate charge for heating in winter (December to March)
- Fridge, hairdryer, towel, microwave, TV
- Experience menu
- Vegetable growing, rice planting, soap making, kimono wearing.
- Area information
- Hotel (hotel hot springs JPY500); Katanoyu onsen (JPY300); summer swimming pool (free of charge), 5 minutes’ walk away.
The vast countryside, the wind blowing across the land... Ogata village is a place where you can experience the farming lifestyle according to Nature’s four seasons. Relax and enjoy German-style self-catering!
The basic format of the guesthouse is self-catering, German-style. When the weather is good, enjoy cycling around the village (2 bicycles available). Overseas guests are most welcome! Toshiko-san speaks very good English. Her husband is very talented at using the PC. You can listen to lectures. Children are welcome, and there is a harvesting experience they can try if they want.
Message from the owner
We are located in a recent, manmade village constructed at the bottom of a dry lake. We are committed to environmentally friendly farming. Many different wild birds come to visit. The residential area has sidewalks and pine forests along the road, where you can take a casual stroll. In spring, cherry blossoms and rape blossoms flower along the road, stretching out into the distance. The landscape is so beautiful here. Guests are welcome to use the hot spring facilities near the hotel.