- Establishment name
- Shirakami Bunakko Kyoshitsu
- Kazuko Sao
- 86 Kamibochu Fujikoto, Fujisato-machi, Yamamoto-gun, Akita Prefecture
- Telephone number
- 1 night, half board JPY7,000
- Fridge, hairdryer, yukata
- Experience menu
- Beech forest walk, mountain climbing, swimming in the river, night hike, picking mushrooms and mountain vegetables, making “kiritanpo” (mashed rice skewers), agriculture and forestry experience, playing in the snow, stocking salmon fry (reservation required).
- Not available
“Make friends with Nature”
The owner, Kazuko Sao, was born and brought up in the city. She came out to Shirakami-Sanchi and was smitten by the region. She was charmed by the rich and abundant beauty of the countryside and set up a school here, in the small town of Fujisato at the foot of the Shirakami-Sanchi World Heritage area. The small wooden building that used to be a school in this small town takes center stage here. Nature is the children’s teacher, showing them how to use her goodness and blessings in their daily lives. Nature is our instructor now – she has much to teach us, showing us how we can use her goodness and blessings in our daily lives.
Message from the owner
I want our visitors to leave with treasured memories of all the experiences and encounters that they have had here, experiences felt through all five senses. These sentiments also apply to the time we spend in the city. Please keep these sentiments in mind as you go about the business of your daily lives.
“Humans are a part of Nature as well.” I hope that what you learn at here Bunakko Kyoshitsu is like the formative experiences we have as children. As more people experience what we have to offer here, we hope to make the world a more peaceful place.
With these thoughts in mind, I want this hotel to be a place where people can develop their relationship with Nature and interact with each other. I hope this can lead to an improved sense of fellowship with others.